A Rose By Any Other Name

... will smell just as sweet. Life or something like it through the eyes of the searching one. Searching for the right way to live the right life with the right person for the right reasons.

 
Panache Report
Blogs I Love
  • Bella Naija
  • Insight To My Life
  • The World According To Adaure
  • Aijuswanarite
  • Nigerian on the edge
  • Adefunke on .... Adefunke!
  • Singto's Note
  • Bola's Memoirs
  • Naija to the core
  • What it takes
  • In My Mind
  • discombobulated diva
  • Unfaithful
  • Pilgrimage To Self
  • Pink Satin
  • Stella damasus Aboderin
  • March Goals
    One visit to the dentist
  • Frame all our pictures
  • Get Mississippi license
  • Walk five times a week
  • Beauty Blogs
  • Shake Your Beauty
  • Beauty Addict
  • Gossip Blogs
  • Panache Report
  • Sandra Rose
  • Other things
    Tour Guide Day 2 and A Few Shenanigans
    Sunday, January 21, 2007
    I always try to blog about today, not previous days but today I am just going to just go for it and talk about whatever. Firstly, this whole tour guide thingy is not really working for me. I have become better at it (I always tell myself, if I ever decide to have a change of career, hey, I can always be a tour guide!)

    But I had to laugh at myself on Friday about my behavior. Well, I told the secretary to include the other resident A so we could tour together. She did that but A's oga came to me, all smiles (you know this fake type) telling me A had to go on rounds etc so I should do it alone.

    Omo, I cussed her out (... in my mind) but I agreed. She now gave me the resume for this prospective resident, I saw DC on it, I immediately perked up and was like "oh nice, he's in DC" And that was how I got excited about taking him around our pharmacy areas.

    Two of his co-residents are HU grads like me so it was cool. We talked about things, I think I gave him some cool advice and you know, we will see after the marching program if he will come here or not.

    Of course the best part is when we have to rank them according to who we want to come her, we all take a vote and talk about them, its so funny. All the current residents are thinking, "wow, was this how they were discussing us last year before accepting us?" I mean, its not like we say mean things or anything but we comment on their recommendation letters, their personality etc. Its really funny.

    I have 2 people to tour next week and I get to go to lunch with them too. That part is fun I think. They get to relax a bit after being grilled (or lightly sauteed with butter as one of them would say) by the rest of the interviewers. Then they get to ask us questions and see if they want to come here or not.

    By the way, I need to email the guy from DC to see if he had a safe trip home. Clearly he made an impression on me. :)
    posted by lala @ 6:37 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: lala
    Home: Memphis, Tennessee, United States
    About Me: I'm an introvert. I love challenges and the "path less taken". I have discovered that life more of a journey than a destination so I try to enjoy each day. And if you've never failed at anything then you haven't tried anything outside your comfort zone. Right now, I have a love/hate relationship with Memphis. I love the city because the people are very friendly but careerwise, this place will be a dead end for me.
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    © A Rose By Any Other Name .Template by Isnaini Dot Com