A Rose By Any Other Name

... will smell just as sweet. Life or something like it through the eyes of the searching one. Searching for the right way to live the right life with the right person for the right reasons.

 
Panache Report
Blogs I Love
  • Bella Naija
  • Insight To My Life
  • The World According To Adaure
  • Aijuswanarite
  • Nigerian on the edge
  • Adefunke on .... Adefunke!
  • Singto's Note
  • Bola's Memoirs
  • Naija to the core
  • What it takes
  • In My Mind
  • discombobulated diva
  • Unfaithful
  • Pilgrimage To Self
  • Pink Satin
  • Stella damasus Aboderin
  • March Goals
    One visit to the dentist
  • Frame all our pictures
  • Get Mississippi license
  • Walk five times a week
  • Beauty Blogs
  • Shake Your Beauty
  • Beauty Addict
  • Gossip Blogs
  • Panache Report
  • Sandra Rose
  • Other things
    Friday Five: Hardly Working
    Friday, January 26, 2007
    A lil' more about me
    1. What do you do for a living?

    I am a "baby" pharmacist - no more a new grad fresh out of school but still testing the waters in many areas professionally

    2. Would you characterize yourself as a hard worker?

    Nope, but I think I work SMART. I know what I need to do, sometimes I don't want to do it but if I have to, I will do it.

    3. If you have you ever had someone work for you as a subordinate or have lead a project, do you think you were a good boss? Why or why not?
    Yes I have had people work for me or with me on projects. I am a good boss but I respect them well enough to let them do the job on their own but at the same time, I will stay on top of things.
    4. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Why?

    Writing comes to mind, followed by teaching kids. Writing is soul-baring activity, its almost like having an out-of-body expression. You can see yourself from an observational point of view. And teaching kids, what can I say, kids are absolutely adorable ... well sometimes

    5. What job do you think most prepared your for the working world?

    My job now as a resident - I'm the weird position of being between two spectrums of activity. After this period in my life, I will be one or the other so this has been an opportunity for me to see many varied opinions
    ****************************************************
    Update on my interview
    What can I say? I was thoroughly grilled by everybody. It was an all-day affair. Well, let me back up a little. My trip to DC was pretty uneventful. Immediately, I got to my friend's house, I started working on my presentation which was incomplete.

    First yawa, my friend's PC did not have Microsoft powerpoint, it only had this Corel stuff that is so unfamiliar, well it did not even have Corel presentations, which is like powerpoint. I lugged out my laptop which by the way has Corel too so I rarely ever use it for my presentations.

    Well, I had to this night ... so I worked on it, worked on it, then I lost my work ... which I had not saved properly! It was 3am in the morning, I hadn't slept, nothing. I seriously thought about rescheduling this damn interview but was like, I'm already here, I have to be done with this.

    So I started again and finished by 6am. Took a shower, went to HU computer lab, pretended I was a student (you know, flashed my old ID at them)got in and did some final revisions. Then I took a cab to the hospital by 9am and had some time before my day commenced.

    Wow, after the HR person spoke to me about benefits and stuff, it was on!!!! The director told me point blank, "I think your biggest challenge will be proving yourself to the pharmacy staff" Wow! so on that note, we talked a bit and then I met the nursing staff leaders, they too grilled me ... me I answered well too, I don't know if my answers were the kind they were looking for but me sef, I talk abeg. I have been around the block a few times, I know what the deal is.

    Then I went to lunch with the director, then I cam back and did a 20 minutes presentation and after they had asked me all the questions in the world about my presentation, we got started on the interview. They grilled me no be small (the director said my face was red when she came to get me haha, blackie like me turning red, you can imagine but I hung in there)

    Then the last stop, "ndi ama-alas" thats igbo for the owners of the place popularly known as the technicians came in for the final grilling. Guys let me tell you something, the techs can make or break you. I assure you. Them guys will fuck you up if you are not careful but they didn't know they are dealing with the original sweet talker. I have all the techs in my hospital wrapped around my finger. I'm not kidding.

    And that was my day in a nutshell.... hmm I left out the part where I boarded a cab at Rhode Island metro to go to my friends house which was not too far (it was really cold) and I got this drunk idiot for a driver. I did not really notice he was drunk but he did not have change when we got to my friend's house so we drove to a liquor store, I got some change ... and some smirnoff ice and hopped back in the cab.

    Yeye man demanded his money, I gave it to him cos I was so tired. Then as we were going the fire trucks blocked 2 streets, the idiot now refused to take me home. I said abeg use another street now, he was so drunk he was just slurring all over the place. I saw a police car and I got out the cab and went up to them. To cut a long story short, lets say Driverman will be cooling his heels in jail tonight and I got my money back.

    And stellagirl walked home.

    posted by lala @ 10:45 AM  
    3 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: lala
    Home: Memphis, Tennessee, United States
    About Me: I'm an introvert. I love challenges and the "path less taken". I have discovered that life more of a journey than a destination so I try to enjoy each day. And if you've never failed at anything then you haven't tried anything outside your comfort zone. Right now, I have a love/hate relationship with Memphis. I love the city because the people are very friendly but careerwise, this place will be a dead end for me.
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    © A Rose By Any Other Name .Template by Isnaini Dot Com