A Rose By Any Other Name

... will smell just as sweet. Life or something like it through the eyes of the searching one. Searching for the right way to live the right life with the right person for the right reasons.

 
Panache Report
Blogs I Love
  • Bella Naija
  • Insight To My Life
  • The World According To Adaure
  • Aijuswanarite
  • Nigerian on the edge
  • Adefunke on .... Adefunke!
  • Singto's Note
  • Bola's Memoirs
  • Naija to the core
  • What it takes
  • In My Mind
  • discombobulated diva
  • Unfaithful
  • Pilgrimage To Self
  • Pink Satin
  • Stella damasus Aboderin
  • March Goals
    One visit to the dentist
  • Frame all our pictures
  • Get Mississippi license
  • Walk five times a week
  • Beauty Blogs
  • Shake Your Beauty
  • Beauty Addict
  • Gossip Blogs
  • Panache Report
  • Sandra Rose
  • Other things
    Steppin' my game up!
    Tuesday, January 02, 2007
    My man Joe told me last week "Stella, I'm gonna quit messing with you by the end of this year"."What?" I screamed "And you are just telling me? I only have a week to step my game up!" "Yeah, that right" he replies gloatingly "only one week to step your game up." "Jeez, this is serious" I said to myself. So I did bring him a gift today. Hopefully I have stepped my game up enough for him. I really need Joe in my life. As a matter of fact, everybody need a "Joe" in their life.
    Who is Joe? Joe Hill is one of the kindest people I have met in my life. When I first stepped into the pharmacy, a brand new pharmacist; Joe was one of the first people to put me at ease. When I had no idea if we mixed Azithromycin in normal saline (salt water) or dextrose water, Joe was there to rescue me. Who showed me the East wing, Tower wing, Sherard Wing and Thomas wing of the hospital? Joe.
    Who taught me how to open up the narcotic vault to dispense narcs? Joe
    Amost everything I learnt and other residents learnt were due to Joe. Though a pharmacy technician, Joe is as smart as they come. Never wanting to see us rookies embarrass ourselves, he always anticipated our problems and solved them before we even asked. I am so grateful to him for making my shifts in the central pharmacy a blast. Staffing only 4 shifts a month makes it hard to do order entry because there are all kinds of twists and turns, rules and regulations to remember. And the nurses and doctors calling to ask all kinds of questions doesn't make things any easier but its a necessary evil.
    So you can see why I needed Joe. Now, the residency is winding down but I must comment that the pharmacy technicians here are really the best. Last week we were doing the "chicken noodle soup" dance. Thats how comfortable I feel with them. When I'm on call, I get so much love from them. No call ins, they take care of problems. I really respect their maturity. Though I'm younger and less knowledgeable about the workings of the pharmacy, they never ever backtalk when I ask them to do something. And in return, I never disrespect them. I love them to death.
    Who is your Joe Hill?
    posted by lala @ 6:01 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: lala
    Home: Memphis, Tennessee, United States
    About Me: I'm an introvert. I love challenges and the "path less taken". I have discovered that life more of a journey than a destination so I try to enjoy each day. And if you've never failed at anything then you haven't tried anything outside your comfort zone. Right now, I have a love/hate relationship with Memphis. I love the city because the people are very friendly but careerwise, this place will be a dead end for me.
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    © A Rose By Any Other Name .Template by Isnaini Dot Com