A Rose By Any Other Name

... will smell just as sweet. Life or something like it through the eyes of the searching one. Searching for the right way to live the right life with the right person for the right reasons.

 
Panache Report
Blogs I Love
  • Bella Naija
  • Insight To My Life
  • The World According To Adaure
  • Aijuswanarite
  • Nigerian on the edge
  • Adefunke on .... Adefunke!
  • Singto's Note
  • Bola's Memoirs
  • Naija to the core
  • What it takes
  • In My Mind
  • discombobulated diva
  • Unfaithful
  • Pilgrimage To Self
  • Pink Satin
  • Stella damasus Aboderin
  • March Goals
    One visit to the dentist
  • Frame all our pictures
  • Get Mississippi license
  • Walk five times a week
  • Beauty Blogs
  • Shake Your Beauty
  • Beauty Addict
  • Gossip Blogs
  • Panache Report
  • Sandra Rose
  • Other things
    "What Do You Do All Day?"
    Thursday, January 04, 2007
    I got asked that question today and I realized I have no idea what I really contribute or the impact of what I do to the organization. While this question was asked in jest, I can understand why nobody but me (and my ogas, hopefully) can understand how I spend my day.
    So what do I do all day? It all depends ... on my mood, the deadline and if I am interested in the project or not. You see being a management or administrative resident is really different from when I was a pharmacy practice resident. My day was really defined. In the morning, I come in, pick up the most current patient list and look through the medications the patients are getting especially the new admits. I check their labs and stuff to make sure we are not adding to their misery but putting them on a medication that can worsen things. I go on rounds with the team (lasts for 2-3 hrs, oh my poor feet) then I go back to my office to do a few things before meeting with my preceptor in that afternoon. I go over all the patients with my preceptor, get asked a lot of questions (which I never know the answers to) and then solve some medication problems on my patients if my preceptors finds any I did not see. Sometimes, I have topic discussions with my preceptors if not, then I get to go back to my office to do more stuff (there is always one project or another)then go home and read a little (emphasis on little)
    Now as a management resident, my oga (any one to all five of them) give me projects and a deadline. Then I am left on my own. I try to meet with my oga like 3 times a wk oh but sometimes I can't.
    Well the end result is that it can be hard for me to prioritize my activities. I have learnt to make daily notes and put things on my task list so I will remember to do them.
    So Ms. O, thats what I do all day. Today, I worked on loading a medication list for our mental health facility's automated medication dispensing machine. Later I met with a fellow resident who I am working with to start a protocol in our emergency room where pts who with suspected pneumonia get one dose of Zithromax within 4hrs of them coming to the emergency room. I also attended a 4 hr meeting with the Pharmacy Directors of all the hospitals in our health system.
    You know what? I think I did a little work today. I actually did. Pat on the back for me by me. Stay blessed y'all.
    posted by lala @ 3:58 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: lala
    Home: Memphis, Tennessee, United States
    About Me: I'm an introvert. I love challenges and the "path less taken". I have discovered that life more of a journey than a destination so I try to enjoy each day. And if you've never failed at anything then you haven't tried anything outside your comfort zone. Right now, I have a love/hate relationship with Memphis. I love the city because the people are very friendly but careerwise, this place will be a dead end for me.
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    © A Rose By Any Other Name .Template by Isnaini Dot Com