A Rose By Any Other Name

... will smell just as sweet. Life or something like it through the eyes of the searching one. Searching for the right way to live the right life with the right person for the right reasons.

 
Panache Report
Blogs I Love
  • Bella Naija
  • Insight To My Life
  • The World According To Adaure
  • Aijuswanarite
  • Nigerian on the edge
  • Adefunke on .... Adefunke!
  • Singto's Note
  • Bola's Memoirs
  • Naija to the core
  • What it takes
  • In My Mind
  • discombobulated diva
  • Unfaithful
  • Pilgrimage To Self
  • Pink Satin
  • Stella damasus Aboderin
  • March Goals
    One visit to the dentist
  • Frame all our pictures
  • Get Mississippi license
  • Walk five times a week
  • Beauty Blogs
  • Shake Your Beauty
  • Beauty Addict
  • Gossip Blogs
  • Panache Report
  • Sandra Rose
  • Other things
    Half A Story: Honey & I
    Thursday, May 15, 2008
    The weirdest thing about life to me has always been how life always works itself out. I look back in my life and I wonder what was I so worried about? And truly these days, I go forth with confidence because I know God will take care of me. I'm not saying I'm not going to suffer any mishaps or bad fortune but I'm saying God will take care of me. He will give me comfort on the worst nights and hold me close.

    When I first came to Memphis, little did I know that I would call this place home. The last 2 years have been nothing short of a nightmare but still God taught me so many valuable lessons. I look forward now to everyday at work and at home.

    Now some work days are shitty no doubt about that especially with my tech (thats a story for another day) and some home days leave much to be desired but the sum total of the parts from day to day leaves me eternally grateful to God.

    In this city I have made lifelong friends and possibly my life partner. Weekends are invariably spent hanging at friends houses eating and watching movies or just cooking and kicking back. I have been truly blessed.

    At my part time job, I have a lot of fun with my crew there. Not saying they are all perfect but I'm saying they are easy to work with.

    As my relations deepen, I marvel at the fact that I did not meet anybody worthwhile in big ol' DC that was virtually teeming with naijas but in this tiny, tiny Memphis I meet my honey. Anyway, this is just my half of the story.

    To be continued
    lala
    posted by lala @ 5:28 PM  
    1 Comments:
    • At Fri May 16, 05:50:00 PM 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      we always hear change but it may acually be the best thing to happen to us!glad u having fun in memphis

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: lala
    Home: Memphis, Tennessee, United States
    About Me: I'm an introvert. I love challenges and the "path less taken". I have discovered that life more of a journey than a destination so I try to enjoy each day. And if you've never failed at anything then you haven't tried anything outside your comfort zone. Right now, I have a love/hate relationship with Memphis. I love the city because the people are very friendly but careerwise, this place will be a dead end for me.
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    © A Rose By Any Other Name .Template by Isnaini Dot Com