A Rose By Any Other Name

... will smell just as sweet. Life or something like it through the eyes of the searching one. Searching for the right way to live the right life with the right person for the right reasons.

 
Panache Report
Blogs I Love
  • Bella Naija
  • Insight To My Life
  • The World According To Adaure
  • Aijuswanarite
  • Nigerian on the edge
  • Adefunke on .... Adefunke!
  • Singto's Note
  • Bola's Memoirs
  • Naija to the core
  • What it takes
  • In My Mind
  • discombobulated diva
  • Unfaithful
  • Pilgrimage To Self
  • Pink Satin
  • Stella damasus Aboderin
  • March Goals
    One visit to the dentist
  • Frame all our pictures
  • Get Mississippi license
  • Walk five times a week
  • Beauty Blogs
  • Shake Your Beauty
  • Beauty Addict
  • Gossip Blogs
  • Panache Report
  • Sandra Rose
  • Other things
    Believing The Hype
    Friday, November 21, 2008
    I won't lie, I have got caught up in the hype of people sometimes. Really, really believing what they say, you know ... expecting a great deal out of them and phew! nothing, nada... just "B.S"ing at its best.
    One of the worst ones that really made me sit up was a wedding I went to last year. I was wrong on my own part sah because I hate to admit it but I wasn't invited. Haa, sigh of relief... finally said it. I know, I know but at my core, I don't still believe in these attendance by invitations only weddings. I mean ... I know nobody had unlimited funds but its seems pretty mean to me. I will be too glad that people took time out of their busy schedule to come to my wedding so ain't no way, I am turning them away.

    Anyway, back to my shameful experience. The was a lot of hype, hype, hype about the wedding. Don't want to give too many details away but bloggers were going to be there, fashionistas etc and "professional people" So knowing the bride, sent out an email and prepared to go to the wedding.

    Man, talk about embarrassing.. I went up to the bride and said congrats, she just answered very coolly. At the receptions, name dropping after name dropping yet the food was so tiny, the music was so dry. The clothes were so unimpressive. Mind you, I'm not even big on a lot of stuff but it was the noise and hype about this wedding that made me have an expectations. And were those expectations crushed. People were so fixated on titles but it was so boring. I haven't been to a wedding so boring in ages.

    The decorations were parse, the wedding cake was like a Sam's club cake. It was weird, all I could think was ... whats going on?.

    My beau and I quickly hightailed it as soon as we could and went to a ... McDonalds cos were we so starving.

    So the moral of the story is .. "mo gbo, mo ya (or whatever that is) days are over. If you don't have an IV in hand, sit you ass at home!!!!!!

    First time I have shared this story, for a long time I was so embarrassed to talk about it.
    posted by lala @ 5:36 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: lala
    Home: Memphis, Tennessee, United States
    About Me: I'm an introvert. I love challenges and the "path less taken". I have discovered that life more of a journey than a destination so I try to enjoy each day. And if you've never failed at anything then you haven't tried anything outside your comfort zone. Right now, I have a love/hate relationship with Memphis. I love the city because the people are very friendly but careerwise, this place will be a dead end for me.
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    © A Rose By Any Other Name .Template by Isnaini Dot Com