A Rose By Any Other Name

... will smell just as sweet. Life or something like it through the eyes of the searching one. Searching for the right way to live the right life with the right person for the right reasons.

 
Panache Report
Blogs I Love
  • Bella Naija
  • Insight To My Life
  • The World According To Adaure
  • Aijuswanarite
  • Nigerian on the edge
  • Adefunke on .... Adefunke!
  • Singto's Note
  • Bola's Memoirs
  • Naija to the core
  • What it takes
  • In My Mind
  • discombobulated diva
  • Unfaithful
  • Pilgrimage To Self
  • Pink Satin
  • Stella damasus Aboderin
  • March Goals
    One visit to the dentist
  • Frame all our pictures
  • Get Mississippi license
  • Walk five times a week
  • Beauty Blogs
  • Shake Your Beauty
  • Beauty Addict
  • Gossip Blogs
  • Panache Report
  • Sandra Rose
  • Other things
    .... And They Said No
    Wednesday, February 07, 2007
    Well, the hospital I interviewed at, sent me one of those little postcards saying they went with another candidate. Man, my ego was a little bruised ... (I no go lie now) but I'm glad. The people were not nice at all so I would have said no if they had offered me the job. Its all about the "fit" people, don't ever forget it. You have to be a good fit for that company or you will have a lot of trouble.

    Anyway, I will be going on the next interview in 2 weeks. I have this killer book (Knock 'em dead) from DKS that talks about everything you can encounter in a job interview.

    Talking about DKS, hmm how about I walked into the office on Tuesday and saw a bunch of stuff on my deak with "Stella read, and lets discuss" I could feel a headache coming on but I braved it now ... no be me again? So I opened this stuff, I saw all these tapes dealing with communication skills, effective presentations, the whole works. I was in "Self-Help" heaven. By now, I think y'all must have figured out I absolutely love self help books, they really work!

    A little story ... when I finished from high school or secondary school as we call it, nobody would visit me ...except for Amara, we were like 5 & 6. Omo, when I go hang with a friend, they tell me all the people that stopped by their house. Now granted, I wasn't exactly a social butterfly but I wanted people to stop by my crib from time to time. Well, I started looking inwards, now I wasn't exactly a bitch but omo, I spoke my mind oh ... sometimes too much. So I decided to change things and I happened upon a copy of Dale Carnegie's "How to win friends and influence people" and I read it and practiced and practiced and practiced and I saw changes. I was nicer to people, put a little bass in my voice when necessary. All I have to say is "It worked!!!!" I still don't have tons of friends (don't want to) but I have great friends and in general, people tend to like me.

    So the moral of the story, self help books work. Give it a trial. Well, the first one I started reading really touched me. Its pretty old ... it comes with audiotapes but it sure did bring tears to my eyes. It was Earl Nighingale's 'Lead The Field". Good book, haven't had motivation so good in a long time I swear. Please get this book if you can. Awesome!
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    And Valentine's Day is coming. And I have a story about the best valentine day story. You will like, I promise
    Stay tuned!
    posted by lala @ 6:54 PM  
    4 Comments:
    • At Wed Feb 07, 09:46:00 PM 2007, Blogger Azuka said…

      Self-help? Theyre god but they do tend to be very addictive :-). I started reading them solely for the interesting stories then later imbibed the full content. Which reminds me -- I haven't read one in a year!

       
    • At Thu Feb 08, 09:55:00 AM 2007, Blogger lala said…

      You should start reading them again. I really believe in them. Sometimes you read something in a book that makes you go "I've always felt the same way about that!" and you know, it really feels good.

       
    • At Thu Feb 08, 10:10:00 AM 2007, Blogger Unknown said…

      One will say yes eventually. Dont despair.

       
    • At Fri Feb 09, 10:59:00 AM 2007, Blogger Nilla said…

      I concur with Calabar Girl.

      It's good that you're having a positive attitude about it.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: lala
    Home: Memphis, Tennessee, United States
    About Me: I'm an introvert. I love challenges and the "path less taken". I have discovered that life more of a journey than a destination so I try to enjoy each day. And if you've never failed at anything then you haven't tried anything outside your comfort zone. Right now, I have a love/hate relationship with Memphis. I love the city because the people are very friendly but careerwise, this place will be a dead end for me.
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    © A Rose By Any Other Name .Template by Isnaini Dot Com