A Rose By Any Other Name

... will smell just as sweet. Life or something like it through the eyes of the searching one. Searching for the right way to live the right life with the right person for the right reasons.

 
Panache Report
Blogs I Love
  • Bella Naija
  • Insight To My Life
  • The World According To Adaure
  • Aijuswanarite
  • Nigerian on the edge
  • Adefunke on .... Adefunke!
  • Singto's Note
  • Bola's Memoirs
  • Naija to the core
  • What it takes
  • In My Mind
  • discombobulated diva
  • Unfaithful
  • Pilgrimage To Self
  • Pink Satin
  • Stella damasus Aboderin
  • March Goals
    One visit to the dentist
  • Frame all our pictures
  • Get Mississippi license
  • Walk five times a week
  • Beauty Blogs
  • Shake Your Beauty
  • Beauty Addict
  • Gossip Blogs
  • Panache Report
  • Sandra Rose
  • Other things
    Cracks In My Sidewalk
    Sunday, February 11, 2007
    Ok, this is an old story (circa. 2001)so I apologize. But my excuses are
  • 1. I really want to blog tonight.
  • 2. It was really busy at work today so I don't have any energy left
  • 3. Looking at my stories make me feel like writing again, its been a while
  • 4....Want more excuses? :) Cos I can go on you know



  • Your critiques are welcome (hmm ...careful now, stellagirl)



    CRACKS IN MY SIDEWALK.
    I didn't start out like this. I swear I didn't. Dirty clothes, hair all messed up and looking pretty stupid. I am just the victim of circumstances. I should never have listened to my so called friends.Take my advice, friends are good for nobody. It started when I was 15. Innocent,the guy that used to live upstairs always had me running errands for him and rewarded me generously. He must have been at least 30 years or so I couldn't really say because I never asked. One day after I had gone to the market to buy foodstuff for him, he grabbed one of my breasts! I screamed and he let go of me quickly but that day he gave me five naira. More money than I had ever seen in my life at once. From that day onwards, he would touch my breasts and then give me some money. Eventually he progressed to sucking on my nipples. That was really erotic but still I was scared I would get pregnant so I told him and he started laughing at me and told me all about sex. By the time I was 17, I was having sex with Innocent regularly. My parents never suspected anything and Innocent did keep me in style. He bought me nice clothes, my hair always looked nice and my friends always envied me because my parents were very generous to me too.

    I dated Innocent till he got married when I was 19. Even after he got married, I still hooked up with him sometimes especially since I was now in a higher institution. School was a breeze because I had a lot of male friends who took me out dancing and to real fancy restaurants. When I was 22, I met this guy named Okezie. Okezie was a sweetheart. I have to admit, I treated him like shit but he always came back. He totally adored me, never a weekend would he not offer to take me to someplace new and interesting. Sometimes I went with him and sometimes I went with more interesting offers. By the time I was serving in Kano, Okezie started talking about marriage. I wasn't too interested because I had just met this guy Ben.

    Ben was huh! I have no words for Ben. He was tall, dark and handsome for starters. Made mad money doing his 419 deals and was an incurable romantic. I was yet to meet anybody that could turn me on like Ben. He was so good in bed I could never resist him. I still remember one party we went to in lagos, he wanted me in the bathroom and boyfriend was so fine I agreed. We sneaked off into the bathroom downstairs where he immediately started sucking on my breasts. I loved the way Ben sucked my nipples; very slowly and with his tongue encircling my areolas next thing he was pulling down my skirt and and when he entered me, I must have reached heaven immediately. The orgasm was so fierce, I nearly screamed out loud. After the sex, we quickly rejoined others and as soon as we got to his house we jumped on each other again. Ben was unbelievable. We took trips to Obudu cattle ranch and Oguta lake, Every moment with him was well worth it. All Ben had to do was call me and I would come running. Our sexual escapades could fill books! Long kisses under the moonlight. Don't laugh, Ben was that sort of guy and I , yours truly was that sort of girl so it came as a total shock to me when he got married in 1992. My whole world fell apart! Though I never gave up Okezie, Ben was my main man, the person I hoped to share the rest of my life with. But he went and got married to this skank named Chigozie. I was totally devastated. His friends always say Ben married Chigozie because he caught me cheating on him. Ben never actually caught me cheating. I admit, I still slept over at Okezie's house on days I told him I was at my cousin Felicia's house. I mean, I was way too smart to get caught like that. I believe one of my useless , envious girlfriends told him. And I'm seriously suspecting Chioma Iloka because she is that kind of person. She always had an eye for Ben anyway. Still, I couldn't handle Ben's marriage to someone else so when Dr. Chimezie came calling from America, I was ready!

    Dr. Chimezie was a 36 yr old man that resided in Washington DC. He was well spoken and very brilliant. He told me he got a straight scholarship from high school until he finished his residency. He was that good. Dr. Chimezie was really kind to me and it was pretty much a whirlwind romance. His parents really liked me and encouraged him to marry me. We got married about a year after meeting and six months later, I had joined him in Washington DC. Of course my friends were really jealous though they had all encouraged me to marry him but I did not care about them. they all were double edged swords, advising me to marry Dr Chimezie but at the same time hating me for my good fortune. Washington DC was definitely a far cry from Nigeria. I had to gain a sense of independence I had never really needed before. I also went back to school because Chimezie wanted me to. The world was my oyster so I decided to fulfil my dreams of becoming a lawyer. Back at Unizik, I had studied Economics and I was lucky to find a school that accepted my degree from Nigeria so I only had to take a few classes before going to law school. Tha was when all my troubles started. At first it started with little things. Doc complaining when I was 5 minutes later than I told him I would be to outright taking my car keys and preventing me from going to school. We really fought because I was not about to put up with that kind of mess. Though I had two kids, I still coped very well with my studies and many people were jealous of me and my family. But as for Chimezie, he really changed on me. I have no idea what came over him. I was very good to him as a wife. I cooked and cleaned and respected him but once in a while, I had to seek solace outside the home because he worked so hard. He fell asleep before he could even crawl into bed but he was still a very good father to his kids. Still, he left me unsatisfied sexually and honestly I was going to try and manage myself until unfortunately I met Ben again. Oh my God, I don't even know if I regret or am happy about the day I was reunited with Ben again. The meeting was innocuous enough. I saw him at a seminar that I required to pass a class I had taken in my sophomore year. Ben was still as charming as ever and I could see in his eyes he still liked me. He had his wife had 3 kids by then and they were currently living 15 minutes away from my house. I invited him and his wife to join my husband and I for dinner the following week. He declined at first but later he agreed to come for dinner with his wife the next week

    "Mmm, baby that feels really good" I said as I sat astride Ben. He filled me completely. I could feel his dick up to my throat and I was so weak as waves and waves of orgasms washed through me. Ben was a drug I could not resist.I seduced him, I agree I did but I didn't know what else to do. I was totally fed up with Chimezie by then and Ben was too good to resist. We met at a motel 6 at the other side of town. As far as possible from both our homes as could be. But like the old saying, every day is for the thief but one day is for the owner of the house. It was an ordinary day, Ben and I had arranged to meet on the Motel 6 at Main street and I was really happy to see him because I had not seen him for about a month as he went to Nigeria to visit his parents and the sex was even more exciting than usual. Ben was in my arms sleeping when I heard a loud knocking on the door. I was not really alarmed expecting to see the desk clerk at the door, though why he could not have called on the phone, I did not know. My jaw almost dropped when I saw a policeman at the door, my heart skipped a couple of beats.
    "Mrs Chimeezey?" the officer asked in an american accent.
    "Yes, how can I help you?" I asked clutching my half open blouse to my chest.
    "You are under arrest for driving a stolen car" he said
    "Driving a stolen car?" I repeated after him slowly "how can that be? This car belongs to me"
    "Is the car registered to you, Mrs Chimeezey? he asked me
    "No, it is registered to my husband, Dr Chimezie" I replied coldly, I could now see where this was going. The policeman walked back to his car and spoke into his little radio. By then Ben had woken up and came to the door, panicking. I told him to calm down because I now knew my husband had reported the car stolen.
    "Ma'm, a Dr Chimeezey has reported this car stolen" said the officer, walking back up to me from his car
    "But I am married to him" I replied
    "According to the doctor, the two of you had been separated for 3 months now" he said, looking down at his papers
    "No, we are not separated" I said, now very angry.
    "I'm sorry ma'm" said the officer and with that he started to place a pair of handcuffs on my wrists. By now, I was so pissed, I started struggling with the officer and before I knew it, two more policemen had arrived on the scene and that was how they took me away to the station, kicking and screaming.

    TO BE CONTINUED
    posted by lala @ 7:50 PM  
    3 Comments:
    • At Sun Feb 11, 09:35:00 PM 2007, Blogger Azuka said…

      Great, and can I say I loved the raunchiness ;-).

      There's still something I can't pinpoint that I didn't see in your other work. This sounds more narrated [as in verbal].

      Writing and speaking differ in a lot of ways, but then, you're just getting up to speed ;-) [not that I'm any better].

       
    • At Sun Feb 11, 09:49:00 PM 2007, Blogger lala said…

      You are right, this is the only narrated story I have. It felt different to write. It was easier for me. I wonder.
      Are you saying its better or worse than the others?
      I'm thick-skinned so feel free to speak ur mind :)

       
    • At Mon Feb 12, 12:44:00 AM 2007, Blogger Azuka said…

      I wouldn't say worse. I'd say I prefer the others...

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: lala
    Home: Memphis, Tennessee, United States
    About Me: I'm an introvert. I love challenges and the "path less taken". I have discovered that life more of a journey than a destination so I try to enjoy each day. And if you've never failed at anything then you haven't tried anything outside your comfort zone. Right now, I have a love/hate relationship with Memphis. I love the city because the people are very friendly but careerwise, this place will be a dead end for me.
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    © A Rose By Any Other Name .Template by Isnaini Dot Com