A Rose By Any Other Name

... will smell just as sweet. Life or something like it through the eyes of the searching one. Searching for the right way to live the right life with the right person for the right reasons.

 
Panache Report
Blogs I Love
  • Bella Naija
  • Insight To My Life
  • The World According To Adaure
  • Aijuswanarite
  • Nigerian on the edge
  • Adefunke on .... Adefunke!
  • Singto's Note
  • Bola's Memoirs
  • Naija to the core
  • What it takes
  • In My Mind
  • discombobulated diva
  • Unfaithful
  • Pilgrimage To Self
  • Pink Satin
  • Stella damasus Aboderin
  • March Goals
    One visit to the dentist
  • Frame all our pictures
  • Get Mississippi license
  • Walk five times a week
  • Beauty Blogs
  • Shake Your Beauty
  • Beauty Addict
  • Gossip Blogs
  • Panache Report
  • Sandra Rose
  • Other things
    Mixed Feelings
    Thursday, March 29, 2007
    Hmm ... the "mixed" girls are gone. I'm a little miffed at these cyber-bullies that won't let people be. Now, don't get me wrong, the "yellow pawpaws" really weren't to my taste. For one, none of them were good story tellers. They had stories ... but just didn't know how to TELL it! The words just came tumbling out. There was no mystery, no chronology and I still cannot place their ages or what (if any) they did for a living.

    I know, I know they were anonymous but their stories always ended up leaving me more confused than before I read it. I kept thinking "...oh wait, so Ejector is bisexual or is Legz?" Confusion can be frustrating. And who did "I.F" stand for? Uh ... I am so not kidding, that blog was perplexing but anyways ... I'm sorry they are gone.

    The thing about blogs is some of them you don't agree with. For me, its those blogs by females that dwell solely on sex. They have mind-blowing sex everyday, all the guys are tall, dark, handsome, rich, fabulous... yes oh I hear una

    Sometimes, I wanna comment and say 'get a grip, please" but my conscience bothers me. I mean, what right do I have to tell anybody how to live their lives? At the same time, when is it okay to caution someone that is walking down a dangerous road? I don't know

    I saw a post about someone who wanted to get into the habit of going a whole day without food. When I glanced at the comments (this was a few wks back, maybe something has changed) nobody ever said "No, don't do that! thats dangerous!" Everyone was commenting on something else.

    Anorexia is a disease of the mind. Once you get to the point where you can control your mind to go several days without food ... you might not be able to shut that control off. Nicole Richie comes to my mind, she was a little chubby true but the media and co made her push herself to a place where she could go without food for thats and voila! look at what we have now, a bag of bones that has to hire nutritionists to find out why she is not gaining weight (oh, I can tell you why!)

    All, these comments that always encouraging people to engage in bad behaviors make me wonder. Are these cheerleaders living the same kind they are supporting or they have the philosophy "live and let live" or are they hypocrites disgusted with the conducts but wanting to appear nice so they jejely type something encouraging?

    NaijaBloggers, shine your eye oh! Be sure that you know the difference btw vacuous praise and people who really want the best for you.

    Anyway, thats my spiel. I hate preaching but damn, its my blog. But sorry to see the mixed girls go. I wish them luck (anonymously)
    posted by lala @ 7:45 PM  
    3 Comments:
    • At Thu Mar 29, 10:41:00 PM 2007, Blogger Omodudu said…

      i'm so lost.

       
    • At Thu Mar 29, 10:43:00 PM 2007, Blogger lala said…

      Lost? You did not hear about the "yellow pawpaw" blog? This group of mixed race girls that were telling us all about their adventures.

       
    • At Fri Apr 06, 05:27:00 AM 2007, Blogger supermandru said…

      haha, i'm sorta lost too. But some stuff did make sense.
      About those too-crazy-to-be-true stories I've read on blogs... I've recently built up this mentality that blogs are alter egos / alternate reality for people. A lot of people (including this commenter, sometimes) are not really what they portray on blogs, and no one can add jara more than naija folk. It makes me less uneasy when I read blogs ;-p

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: lala
    Home: Memphis, Tennessee, United States
    About Me: I'm an introvert. I love challenges and the "path less taken". I have discovered that life more of a journey than a destination so I try to enjoy each day. And if you've never failed at anything then you haven't tried anything outside your comfort zone. Right now, I have a love/hate relationship with Memphis. I love the city because the people are very friendly but careerwise, this place will be a dead end for me.
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    © A Rose By Any Other Name .Template by Isnaini Dot Com