A Rose By Any Other Name

... will smell just as sweet. Life or something like it through the eyes of the searching one. Searching for the right way to live the right life with the right person for the right reasons.

 
Panache Report
Blogs I Love
  • Bella Naija
  • Insight To My Life
  • The World According To Adaure
  • Aijuswanarite
  • Nigerian on the edge
  • Adefunke on .... Adefunke!
  • Singto's Note
  • Bola's Memoirs
  • Naija to the core
  • What it takes
  • In My Mind
  • discombobulated diva
  • Unfaithful
  • Pilgrimage To Self
  • Pink Satin
  • Stella damasus Aboderin
  • March Goals
    One visit to the dentist
  • Frame all our pictures
  • Get Mississippi license
  • Walk five times a week
  • Beauty Blogs
  • Shake Your Beauty
  • Beauty Addict
  • Gossip Blogs
  • Panache Report
  • Sandra Rose
  • Other things
    A Never-End Day
    Wednesday, February 21, 2007
    Man! Today has refused to end. I woke up by 4am and tried to go back to sleep, eventually waking up by 7:30am. Oh my! Rushed, rushed and managed to reach work by 9am. Luckily, DKS was not yet in so I chilled for a few minutes. As I was about to go get breakfast, DKS called. Sylvia (his secretary) picked up the phone, spoke to him for a few minutes and then told me KS was waiting for me in the library.

    So I went up to the library and after getting some breakfast, we got to talking. A little more about finances, some practice tips as usual and then we watched some VHS tapes about Initiatives for Health Improvement.

    We went back down to the Pharmacy and I joined the other residents to watch yet another VHS tape about med errors. In the midst of the whining and complaining (who really wants to watch that?) one of the VA residents said "Maybe the management student (pointing at me with her pen)could watch it and give us a brief overview. The girl sitting next to her whispered to her that I was not a student. The other resident sitting across from her said "she's a second year resident"

    I just laughed. I was already a resident when that particular idiot rotated through my hospital 2005/06 so she knew me very well. As a matter of fact, the idiot got kind of huffy because I had to cosign her note in a pt's chart when she was a student. Imagine! I don suffer

    Anyway, I looked at her and said "I'm sure she did not mean that" looking her straight in the eyes, I was waiting for her to say something. I was gonna jump over the table, grab her by her stringy, oily hair and land her a few hot slaps!!! (If only :)) She did not open her mouth again

    After that oh, I still had to staff the pharmacy at my hospital so I went there like 3pm, no other pharmacist was there but me so I dug in and started putting in orders. I was as tired as hell! It went pretty well until toward 10pm when it all fell apart

    The big mouth tech was gossiping about one of the pharmacists that was sending her kids to some special school (like a finishing school or something) and the statement that stuck to my craw was "and it ain't like she got it like that, she be complaining about money all the time" by the way she was telling the other pharmacist, not me.

    I was like "please if education is her priority for her kids, whats it to you?" She tries to come all up in my face. I wasn't having all that! I just shooshed her. But I was sure to tell her to mind her business.

    See, thats what irks me about some colleagues, they just blow things out of proportions, maybe the lady has said a thing or two about money and this yeye tech is making it seem as though she's in the woman's wallet. I was so pissed

    But I'm alright now.:) I got over it.
    posted by lala @ 11:26 PM  
    2 Comments:
    • At Thu Feb 22, 07:58:00 AM 2007, Blogger Azuka said…

      Medical school sounds interesting, and you make it soun like you're all girls? Just wondering...

       
    • At Sat Feb 24, 02:39:00 PM 2007, Blogger lala said…

      Its actually a pharmacy residency (a 12 or 24 mth program after pharmacy school) And yes, more and more pharmacists are women. No there are 2 male residents and 5 female residents
      And as for interesting ... your attitude determines your altitude so I try to make the best of my situation but I do love what I do for a living.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: lala
    Home: Memphis, Tennessee, United States
    About Me: I'm an introvert. I love challenges and the "path less taken". I have discovered that life more of a journey than a destination so I try to enjoy each day. And if you've never failed at anything then you haven't tried anything outside your comfort zone. Right now, I have a love/hate relationship with Memphis. I love the city because the people are very friendly but careerwise, this place will be a dead end for me.
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    © A Rose By Any Other Name .Template by Isnaini Dot Com