A Rose By Any Other Name

... will smell just as sweet. Life or something like it through the eyes of the searching one. Searching for the right way to live the right life with the right person for the right reasons.

 
Panache Report
Blogs I Love
  • Bella Naija
  • Insight To My Life
  • The World According To Adaure
  • Aijuswanarite
  • Nigerian on the edge
  • Adefunke on .... Adefunke!
  • Singto's Note
  • Bola's Memoirs
  • Naija to the core
  • What it takes
  • In My Mind
  • discombobulated diva
  • Unfaithful
  • Pilgrimage To Self
  • Pink Satin
  • Stella damasus Aboderin
  • March Goals
    One visit to the dentist
  • Frame all our pictures
  • Get Mississippi license
  • Walk five times a week
  • Beauty Blogs
  • Shake Your Beauty
  • Beauty Addict
  • Gossip Blogs
  • Panache Report
  • Sandra Rose
  • Other things
    Its All About Building Relationships
    Tuesday, February 20, 2007
    Between the Old Fart Administrator and DKS, I think I've heard that phrase a thousand times. Interestingly, they are both very good communicators, extremely diplomatic and so exciting to work for. My boss must be a man!!!!!

    So DKS and I discussed this book he gave me to read "An Excellent Financial Life" and talked about mutual funds, IRAs (traditional and Roth) and 401(k)& 403(b), Apparently, Roth IRA(s) are my best options cause I am young (ha! ha!) and they do not have as many limitations as the other IRA. And you invest in this AFTER you have maxed out your contributions to your 401(k)plan.

    One thing I just found out, the number of years you have to be vested in a company to leave with your 401(k) contributions + the company's contribution differ from company to company. Wow!!! I did not know that.

    Well after that enlightening conversation, I walked into the conference room and Jeopardy was on! The P4 students and a few residents were starting in, as well as the preceptors. So I joined the female team appropriately named "the hormones" and the guy team were "the chromosome Y" Okay we were not too original but what the heck?

    Man, the chromosomes Y whooped us! The calculations, the trivia, they were rolling. We lost so bad, it was not fair. But we learnt a lot ... Lucentis is a new drug for macular degeneration, alendronate in the bone hangs around forever. Pepto-Bismuth can turn your tongue grayish-black. Interesting.

    I got one question right. I have been beaming all day :) Fanconi's Syndrome can be caused by outdated tetracyclines. Coincidentally, DKS asked me that same question later that day.

    I have been out of the loop with the prospective residents interviewing at our hospital but I have seen a few candidates come through the VA. They handle theirs a little differently even making lunch for the candidates (read: the VA will not pay for the lunch!) I thought that was hilarious

    Reminds me of a phone conversation DKS had one day when his secretary had gone to lunch and he was manning the phones
    DKS: Hello, this is DKS, how may I help you
    Person: Hi, can I speak to Dr. R?
    DKS: Sorry, he's not available, can I take a message
    Person: You may not know me but I was calling to give Dr. R my match number
    DKS: Oh, I know you. You are from St. Louis
    Person: Oh!
    DKS: Yes, I remember you. You had a very strong interview, the buzz is on about you here
    Person: Oh thanks
    DKS: Ok, I'll give your match number to Dr. R and hope to see you soon
    Person: Bye

    And he barely spent 5 minutes with this girl! He has an excellent memory. So scary
    posted by lala @ 8:05 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: lala
    Home: Memphis, Tennessee, United States
    About Me: I'm an introvert. I love challenges and the "path less taken". I have discovered that life more of a journey than a destination so I try to enjoy each day. And if you've never failed at anything then you haven't tried anything outside your comfort zone. Right now, I have a love/hate relationship with Memphis. I love the city because the people are very friendly but careerwise, this place will be a dead end for me.
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    © A Rose By Any Other Name .Template by Isnaini Dot Com