A Rose By Any Other Name

... will smell just as sweet. Life or something like it through the eyes of the searching one. Searching for the right way to live the right life with the right person for the right reasons.

 
Panache Report
Blogs I Love
  • Bella Naija
  • Insight To My Life
  • The World According To Adaure
  • Aijuswanarite
  • Nigerian on the edge
  • Adefunke on .... Adefunke!
  • Singto's Note
  • Bola's Memoirs
  • Naija to the core
  • What it takes
  • In My Mind
  • discombobulated diva
  • Unfaithful
  • Pilgrimage To Self
  • Pink Satin
  • Stella damasus Aboderin
  • March Goals
    One visit to the dentist
  • Frame all our pictures
  • Get Mississippi license
  • Walk five times a week
  • Beauty Blogs
  • Shake Your Beauty
  • Beauty Addict
  • Gossip Blogs
  • Panache Report
  • Sandra Rose
  • Other things
    A Taste Of Your Own Medicine
    Monday, March 19, 2007
    To BabyLove


    You may have given me my first kiss,
    but you don't own my heart
    You may be the sweetest thing on this planet
    but saccharine sweetness of you don't taste good to me
    You may be a light
    but you've only brought me darkness



    I have waited for you to grow up
    to feel what I felt
    I always kept in touch
    though we were oceans apart
    I thought we were meant for each other
    guess I was dead wrong

    Your long periods of silence were unacceptable
    Your lies were unacceptable
    Your selfishness was unacceptable
    Your immaturity is unacceptable


    I know we made no promises
    but the connection was there
    I know you never cheated on me
    because we have never been a couple
    I know I should never have hoped
    but hope I did ...that one day we would be

    Now we're only a few hours apart
    but we might as well be separated by lifetimes
    because I don't feel you, want you or need you
    Now the tables have been turned
    maybe now you'll get a grip
    because I don't want your calls, emails or love


    Now you want me to maybe read your mind
    sending emails that say everything, yet nothing
    but I'm never going to say the words you want me to say
    If you want me, you'll have to say it
    be a man and step up to me
    if not, then step off


    Your words are too vague
    Your hesitance too annoying
    Your calls too frustrating
    Your praise too generic

    I'll say it if you don't
    I'll be your lifelong friend
    I have known you all my life
    I'll never be more than a friend
    I know you don't deserve me


    posted by lala @ 1:04 PM  
    7 Comments:
    • At Fri Mar 23, 03:10:00 AM 2007, Blogger Ejura said…

      Hi Lala!Thanks for stopping by my blog.I had this friend once whom I got to like so much.He never had the guts to ask me out even when I could see that was what he wanted and that ended up irritating me.Looking back,I'm thinking maybe I should have helped him out a little.Now we're just friends.I still wonder at what could have been [and possibly could still be].I guess I wanted him to grow up,know what he wanted and be man enough to reach out for it.[or is it possible that he did express himself but I never heard him?I'll have to think about that one today].
      Have a great day!

       
    • At Tue Mar 27, 01:36:00 PM 2007, Blogger Azuka said…

      Well, Lala sounds like you want him to do the proposition. Goodluck, (and great words).

      Ejura: Asking out has nothing to do with being 'man enough.' Some people just can't handle rejection (like me, which is why I've never asked anyone out, even when I saw the attraction was mutual).

      Why can't a woman ask a man out? Why do we define such gender-based-roles but still clamor for equality between the sexes?

      Think about it. If you asked a guy out and he refused you, how would you feel? Then think of what guys go through to summon the courage to ask women out.

       
    • At Tue Mar 27, 05:02:00 PM 2007, Blogger lala said…

      Haha Azuka, the "man enough" part got to you didn't it? Anyway, I have actually asked him out before, he said he had been waiting for the day we would be a couple but he didn't do nothing to back it. He even let his sister give my email address to some guy.

      I don't know ... I don't know

       
    • At Tue Mar 27, 06:01:00 PM 2007, Blogger Azuka said…

      Not really. I guess I can't take it either way -- when someone came on to me, I totally freaked out! I think both ways, there's still a lot of tension -- I know girls who've waited ages for a guy to ask them out then completely freaked out when they did ;-).

       
    • At Thu Mar 29, 04:53:00 AM 2007, Blogger Ejura said…

      Azuka:Why can't a woman ask a man out?

      Some ladies are bold enough to and it works out for them but for women like me who have not been so graciously endowed with that boldness, we simply give him 'the right signals' and hope he'll read them.[like Ruth who lay down at Boaz' feet] Sometimes it does work out and sometimes it doesn't.

      You've never asked anyone out before? Wow!Anybody can handle rejection.It's all in the mind.They say No,you lift your head up high,shrug and walk away with a cool bounce.The end of the world is yet to come.[Easier said than done sha]Besides,you may be surprised the number of people ready to say Yes to you [even in other stuff besides relationships].

       
    • At Thu Mar 29, 07:44:00 PM 2007, Blogger lala said…

      Lol @Azuka and you too Ejura. We may have to give Azuka Love 101

       
    • At Fri Mar 30, 04:40:00 AM 2007, Blogger Azuka said…

      Ha ha Lala. Who knows? I might need it but I don't doubt I'll make a move if I feel strongly enough about it.

      Ejura: The man enough part wasn't what got to me -- it was the implication that by not doing the asking he was being immature (vis-a-vis the reference to grow up).

      I'm a fan of equality between the sexes, but if you read a lot of what I write, it usually focuses on [a lot of] women wanting to be equal with men only when it doesn't inconvenience them, ie leaving a lot of the dominant roles to the menfolk.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: lala
    Home: Memphis, Tennessee, United States
    About Me: I'm an introvert. I love challenges and the "path less taken". I have discovered that life more of a journey than a destination so I try to enjoy each day. And if you've never failed at anything then you haven't tried anything outside your comfort zone. Right now, I have a love/hate relationship with Memphis. I love the city because the people are very friendly but careerwise, this place will be a dead end for me.
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    © A Rose By Any Other Name .Template by Isnaini Dot Com