A Rose By Any Other Name

... will smell just as sweet. Life or something like it through the eyes of the searching one. Searching for the right way to live the right life with the right person for the right reasons.

 
Panache Report
Blogs I Love
  • Bella Naija
  • Insight To My Life
  • The World According To Adaure
  • Aijuswanarite
  • Nigerian on the edge
  • Adefunke on .... Adefunke!
  • Singto's Note
  • Bola's Memoirs
  • Naija to the core
  • What it takes
  • In My Mind
  • discombobulated diva
  • Unfaithful
  • Pilgrimage To Self
  • Pink Satin
  • Stella damasus Aboderin
  • March Goals
    One visit to the dentist
  • Frame all our pictures
  • Get Mississippi license
  • Walk five times a week
  • Beauty Blogs
  • Shake Your Beauty
  • Beauty Addict
  • Gossip Blogs
  • Panache Report
  • Sandra Rose
  • Other things
    The Haunted Elevator
    Saturday, May 26, 2007
    Laziness is a very bad thing, my people! As in what-is-Lala-still-doing-in-a-getting-worse-everyday-apartment-complex kind of lazy. I need to get my butt out as soon as possible when I think of moving my treadmill and other sme-sme stuff in there, I just weak. Especially since I am going to be moving finally around December or so.

    I guess what makes it so irritating is the new owners of the apartment complex are always distributing one thing or the other talking about raising the rent, this and that but they never talk about doing any kind of repair work on the place! Its so frustrating!

    The one that takes the cake is the elevator. Man! I swear that thing is haunted. I mean, it has to be haunted and I have very plausible reason for believing that oh, seriously. How else can you explain, the same particular elevator (there are 2 of them) doing the same shit almost every time you get on it.

    Trouble is, you have no idea what to expect. Some days you may get to your floor without any wahala of any sort, other times you have to hold your heart and pray.

    Let me tell you what this elevator does.

    I get on the damn thing and push 3, it takes me all the way to the 13th floor, then it continues to ascend but this time it adds a new twist, it stops on every floor till the 18th floor! No kidding! The first time it did this, the guy that was in the elevator with me bounced on like the 15th floor to wait for the second one, can you believe when the elevator I was on started its descent again, still stopping on every floor, oh boy was still out there waiting!

    He then sheepishly entered the elevator again, muttered something and we resumed our extremely irritating journey to the 1st floor. I swear if the manager's office was open that morning eh, Lala would have let it rip!!!! I was so pissed!

    This has happened more than 3 times on that same elevator! I was really trying to figure out what was really going on when the light bulb went off in my head. It was about the baby!!!!!!

    What baby, I hear you ask

    Well, let me tell my story! You don't have to rush me. I tell my story when I tell it!

    Stay tuned!

    Lala, out!
    posted by lala @ 1:06 PM  
    1 Comments:
    • At Tue May 29, 10:31:00 PM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      lmao@ the elevator.. you sure say some war veterans ghost no dey inhabit the thing? lmao no please oh come and tell me about the baby.. i have a crazy imagination sommetimes so you dont even want to hear some of the nonsense going through my head right now... lemmekno ohhhhhh

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: lala
    Home: Memphis, Tennessee, United States
    About Me: I'm an introvert. I love challenges and the "path less taken". I have discovered that life more of a journey than a destination so I try to enjoy each day. And if you've never failed at anything then you haven't tried anything outside your comfort zone. Right now, I have a love/hate relationship with Memphis. I love the city because the people are very friendly but careerwise, this place will be a dead end for me.
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    © A Rose By Any Other Name .Template by Isnaini Dot Com